What is the Awards Tool?
The Awards tool in Brightspace provides instructors with a fun and creative way to increase engagement with the course content.
The Awards tool can be used to create Badges and Certificates to reflect the achievement of different milestones within a course. In the Awards tool, instructors can design badges and certificates and link them to release conditions to allow automatic awarding. Learners can see the awards that they have already earned, as well as those that they have yet to earn, in the associated My Awards tool.
Learners can let others know what they have earned by sharing their awards to their learner profile or to social media via Mozilla® Backpack.
Why Use Awards?
Use the Awards tool to:
- Reward learners with badges and certificates immediately after they have completed an activity or assignment.
- Build an element of gamification into your course and better engage your learners.
- Provide a consolidation/ celebration piece to the completion of an assignment or activity.
- Track learner progress and development.
- Build a hands-off method of instant feedback.
- Provide learners with certificates that they can share through social media.
Create an Award
Download Guide: Create an Award
Create a Certificate
Download Guide: Create a Certificate
Manually Issue an Award
Download Guide: Manually Issue An Award
Add a Release Condition to an Award
Download Guide: Add A Release Condition
Revoke an Award
Download Guide: Revoke An Award