What is Self-Assessment?
Self-Assessment is a formative assessment tool that enables you to provide students with a series of questions and immediate feedback for responses. Question types available are similar to quizzes, however, student responses are not graded and self-assessment questions do not have a points value or difficulty level indication. The omission of numeric evaluation enables students to make reflective learning and course material comprehension their main priorities during a self assessment.
You can set up self assessments as part of your course’s instructional sequence by creating quicklink topics to self assessments in Content. You can also set up quicklinks to self assessments from other places in the course such as in Announcements (News) or Schedule.
Each self-assessment belongs to a single course and cannot be shared among other courses unless you copy your course material into another course.
Create a Self-Asessment
- On the navbar, under Assessments, click Self Assessments.
- On the Manage Self Assessments page, click New Self Assessment.
- In the General area, enter your self assessment details.
- Click Save.
- Click Add/Edit Questions.
- Do any of the following:
- To create a new question, from the New button, select the type of question you want to add. Enter the question details and click Save.
- To add questions from another collection, a text file, or a learning repository, click Import. Enter your importing details and click Save.
- Repeat the previous step until you have added all your quiz questions.
- Click Done Editing Questions > Save and Close.
Download Guide: Create a Self-Assessment