Manually Grading Quizzes
All of the questions types in a quiz, except for written response (WR), are auto-graded in Brightspace but some manual grading may be required. When the quiz is complete,
- WR questions will not have a grade – students will receive zero. Instructors will need to manually grade WR questions for each student.
- Short answer, multi-short answer, and fill in the blank questions will be graded but they must be reviewed as they pose a problem for auto-grading. If the text that a student entered for their answer is not identical to the correct answer that the instructor entered the student will be graded as incorrect even though their answer may be correct. Instructors should review the answers that each student provided and edit the grade for the question as needed.
Steps to grade a quiz:
- From the Assessment menu, select Quizzes.
- Locate the quiz that you want to grade, click the dropdown arrow next to it and click Grade.
- Grade by Student (all question responses for that student):
- From the users or attempts tab select the student and attempt you want to evaluate.
- Review each question and enter or edit the score and respective feedback for each. Pay particular attention to questions that required students to enter text.
- When complete click Save.
Grading by question is available but grading by student is recommended.
This short tutorial will outline how to Manually Grade a Quiz