Frequently Asked Questions
Students can access our student resources site for this tool by clicking on this link https://blog.citl.mun.ca/resourcesforstudents/guides/desire2learn/video-assignments/uploading/
A video assessment tool known as Bongo (by YouSeeU) that is integrated with Brightspace (D2l). Video Assignments give you the flexibility to incorporate new types of assessments into your courses, such as real-world simulations, role-play scenarios, debates, peer reviews, and other creative ways to evaluate your students. After an individual completes a video exercise, they submit their recording for personalized coaching and feedback from their instructor and peers.
You can use it to deliver structured, video-based assessments that evaluate learners on speeches, oral presentations, language skills, and more. Instructors can easily grade video assessments and add time-stamped feedback, showing learners exactly where they need to improve. Help learners demonstrate both their knowledge and their soft skills in an engaging, easy-to-use way.
- A high-speed internet connection
- A video recording device (either a webcam on a desktop computer, or simply the video recorder app on a tablet or smartphone)
- An up-to-date internet browser NOTE: Firefox and Chrome are recommended.
- record in medium to low quality settings, you do not need high quality or high definition video, this will only increase the size of the file and require further editing
- Recommended but NOT required – A standard video-editing program like Microsoft Movie Maker or iMovie. These programs should be on your computer or they are easy to add.
Yes. You can randomly or manually choose to group learners for an assignment.
Yes, peer review is available. There is also an option for students to self-review if required.
Yes. You can create a rubric right in Video Assignments by clicking the Rubrics tab. You can import a rubric from a .csv spreadsheet file but it will need to be in the proper format. More info on how to create a rubric in Bongo is found at this link.
If your activity is set up for Grade Sync the scores will be transferred to your Brightspace gradebook as a percent. The score will be given to the student in the gradebook.
A video can be a maximum of 20 gigabytes. This would roughly be around 1.5 hours of high-quality video.