Online Rooms: Things to Note
Online Rooms is a feature-rich, online synchronous meetings tool. Below, we’ve listed some of the things to note about Online Rooms.
- Suggested class size maximum: 50 participants (20 – 30 participants recommended)
- Multiple simultaneous webcams supported (maximum of 7)
- Contains a Whiteboard with drawing tools
- Can upload presentations in PDF, Word or Powerpoint
- Users can chat and also upload a file or link in chat
- Users can use emoticons for status updates during session
- Unlimited availability of recordings (if you choose to record your session) instructors can embed recorded sessions directly into their course
- Breakout rooms
- Document & desktop sharing
Note: Desktop sharing currently only available if you are using the latest Chrome browser. For specifics on browser support, please click here.
Note: When scheduling Online Rooms, please provide as much advanced notice as possible. Preferably at least 24 hours.
- Each Online Rooms session lasts for a maximum of 4 hours (can’t set up a room for entire semester)
- Create room each time you log in or create room in advance
- Default number of slides on the Whiteboard is 10 blank slides
- Click record when creating meeting room and manually set to record within room
- Can embed recorded sessions directly into your course
- To invite external participants, email link to the session after setup of session
- Can start, stop, and restart the recording, but all parts are combined into one video per meeting
- Recordings available 30-90 mins after end of session
- Chrome is recommended to share your screen
- Webcam and/or microphone recommended
- Desktop or laptop recommended