Steps to Set-up an Online Room
Step by Step
You can schedule a synchronous meeting with an individual student or multiple students in your course. To schedule your Online Rooms session, follow the below steps:
- Begin by selecting Online Rooms from the Communication drop-down link in your course navigation bar.
- Click on the Red circle in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will open the Schedule Meeting tool.
- Name the meeting and enter the date and time of the meeting. (NOTE: Class meetings must be scheduled a minimum of 5 minutes in advance.)
- Choose the length of the meeting, whether or not the meeting will be recorded and if external participants are allowed to join the meeting.
- NOTE: You must also hit the Record Button in the actual session to start recording!
- If you plan to include the whole class in the session, skip this step. If the class meeting is set up for a small group instead of the whole class, click on the people icon (see image) to manage meeting participants. Then, click on the Sync Roster button to access your roster. Select the students that will participate to move their names to the Web Conference Participants box and click Save.
- To begin your session, click on Launch in the Actions menu (3 dots) as in the below image.
- You are now on the Meeting Lobby Page. It contains the “Invite Link” used to invite participants outside of the class if the activity was set up with that option available.Copy and paste the link to send to outside participants via email. NOTE: Students will not be able to enter the meeting room until you do.
- To enter the session, click the Enter Meeting Room button.
- A new tab will open in your browser. You will be asked to choose between joining with full audio capabilities – which would include the use of a microphone or to listen only using your speakers/headset. Depending on your choice, you will be prompted to complete a quick audio system check.
Additional support information
Instructors: Schedule Virtual Classroom (Online Rooms) by Bongo (vendor)