Lecture Capture for Special Events
Requesting a Recording
If you would like to use Lecture Capture for a special event or program without a regularly scheduled class time in Banner, you will not be able to schedule a recording through Brightspace.
Instead, please reach out to the CITL Support Centre to request a recording. Include in your request:
- the room you will be recording in (the room must be equipped with Lecture Capture)
- the date, start time, and end time of your recording, and
- the event name.
You will be asked to accept the recording agreement displayed below. If you have any questions, please reach out to the CITL Support Centre.
Lecture Capture Agreement
In order to use3 CITL’s Lecture Capture hardware, all users must agree to the following agreement:
- I agree to have the session indicated above recorded by the CITL Lecture Capture technology.
- I agree to notify the participants in the session that the session is being recorded (see sample PowerPoint slide).
- I agree to let participants know the purpose of the recording and how it will be used.
- It is my responsibility to get permission to record all individuals who can be identified in the recording and I agree to do so.
- I understand that I have ownership of the content in the captured recording except for content already under copyright restrictions or owned by other presenters.
- I understand that the recording provided to me after the event is complete and it is my responsibility to properly protect the recording.
Setup Time: CITL will require 3 business days’ notice to set up the Lecture Capture system to record your session. Please consider this requirement when making your request to the CITL Support Centre.
Processing Time: Once the event is recorded, the final video will be delivered to you within 3 business days.
Tips to Ensure a Successful Recording
- Start the event on time
- End the event on time
- Ensure the microphone(s) is turned on and being used by all presenters.
- Repeat any questions asked by the audience or other persons who are away from the microphone.
- Stay within the camera’s field of vision (for example, stay behind the instructor station).