With Lecture Capture the system records a small video image of the instructor, the instructor’s voice, and all information being projected through the data projector. Links to the recordings show up automatically in your course site. The main purpose of Lecture Capture is to provide verbatim recordings of lectures.
Things to know about Lecture Capture
- It is a live recording of the events of a particular class.
- It is not to be used in other sections/courses, as the context may be lost for students who are not in that class.
- Instructors can now manage their recording schedule through the Lecture Capture tile in the CITL Dashboard widget within Brightspace.
- If you schedule a lecture capture recording on a date when student or guest speakers are presenting, the onus is on the Instructor to make them aware that the presentations are being recorded.
- The recordings are deleted one month after the course has ended.
Your obligation as an Instructor using Lecture Capture
You must notify your students that the lecture is being recorded. We ask that you either post the following notice in your course syllabus and/or in the Announcements section of the course site where the recording will be posted.
All classes for this course, unless otherwise notified, will be recorded.
Comments and questions by those present in the class may be captured in the audio of the recording.
Additionally, student presentations/participation may be captured on video.
Questions or concerns about the use of lecture capture in this course should be directed to your instructor.
For your convenience CITL has prepared a sample PowerPoint side with this notice that you can download and use in your class presentations should you wish.
Read our Lecture Capture tips (PDF) or watch this short demonstration of the Lecutre Capture system:
Lecture Capture Enabled Classrooms
St. John’s Campus
BN-2028(Not available for Spring/Fall 2020) BN-4031(Not available for Spring/Fall 2020)
IIC-2001(Not available for Spring/Fall 2020) PE-2001(Not available for Spring/Fall 2020) SN-2109(Not available for Spring/Fall 2020)
Any questions about your recordings or scheduling can be directed to CITL’s Client Support Team.