With Lecture Capture the system records a small video image of the instructor, the instructor’s voice, and all information being projected through the data projector. Links to the recordings show up automatically in your course site; however, you can choose to self publish and/or make post-production edits on these recordings, yourself. The main purpose of Lecture Capture is to provide verbatim recordings of lectures.
Things to know about Lecture Capture
- It is a live recording of the events of a particular class.
- It is not to be used in other sections/courses, as the context may be lost for students who are not in that class).
- Unless directed otherwise in your request to use Lecture Capture, student presentation or guest speakers in your class will be recorded. If necessary, the onus is on the instructor to make them aware that the presentations is being recorded.
- The recordings are deleted one month after the course has ended.
Your obligation as an Instructor using Lecture Capture
You must notify your students that the lecture is being recorded. We ask that you either post the following notice in your course syllabus and/or in the Announcements section of the course site where the recording will be posted.
All classes for this course, unless otherwise notified, will be recorded.
Comments and questions by those present in the class may be captured in the audio of the recording.
Additionally, student presentations/participation may be captured on video.
Questions or concerns about the use of lecture capture in this course should be directed to your instructor.
For your convenience CITL has prepared a sample PowerPoint side with this notice that you can download and use in your class presentations should you wish.
Lecture Capture Enabled Classrooms
St. John’s Campus
Signing up to use Lecture Capture
Even though you are assigned to teach is a Lecture Capture equipped room, you must submit a request to activate the scheduling of your sessions throughout the semester.
- The Request/Consent form each semester to avail of the service
- You must identify the schedule for the recordings for that given term (include/exclude presentations, speakers, exam times, etc.)
- Once you sign-up, CITL will set things up for you. You will receive a notification from Client Support that your schedule has been set-up as per your request.
Next Step: Complete the Request/Consent form