Plan, Design, and Develop Your Course
- Definition, Characteristics, and Benefits
What are learning outcomes and why do I need them in my course?
How do I write learning outcomes and why are taxonomies useful?
How can outcomes be used to identify instructional strategies, resources, and assessment?
Course Planning and Design
- Designing a Course – The Analysis Phase
How do I scope course requirements to inform course components, structure, and style?
- Course Design – Course Components, Structure, and Style
What is involved in course design?
- Assistive Technologies
What should I know about increasing my course’s accessibility for all?
- Learning Objects
What is a learning object and how are they useful for my students?
- Learning Objects vs. Open Educational Resources (LO vs. OER)
What’s the difference between LOs and OERs?
- Learning Object Repositories
What are learning object repositories?
- Finding Free Copyright Material for Your Course
Where can I find learning objects and other free resources for my course?
- Protecting Intellectual Property
What should I know about intellectual property, mine and of other sources?
Facilitation of Online Courses
- Netiquette: Definition and Rules
What is netiquette and what are some rules to consider for my course?