Plan, Design, and Develop Your Course
- Undergraduate Course Delivery Modes
What are the undergraduate senate approve delivery modes at Memorial University?
- Guide to Online Teaching
What should I do to make sure my course is set-up and I am ready to teach online?
- Improving Online Communications
How can I maintain my presence and communicate efficiently with my online students?
- Guide for Preparing your Course for Remote or Online Learning
Is there an easy way to get started with my online course design?
- On Campus to Remote in 100 Seconds
How to I quickly shift my on-campus course to remote instruction?
- Remote Instruction via Asynchronous and Synchronous Technologies
Which technologies should I consider when teaching remotely?
What considerations are required in the upfront planning stage for student success?
- Facilitating Asynchronous Learning
What strategies will help asynchronous students feel more engaged?
- Facilitating Synchronous Classes
How can I engage students in my synchronous class meetings?
- Some Examples
What are some examples of how flexible instruction has been incorporated into a course?
- Definition, Characteristics, and Benefits
What are learning outcomes and why do I need them in my course?
How do I write learning outcomes and why are taxonomies useful?
How can outcomes be used to identify instructional strategies, resources, and assessment?
Course Planning and Design
- Designing a Course – The Analysis Phase
How do I scope course requirements to inform course components, structure, and style?
- Course Design – Course Components, Structure, and Style
What is involved in course design?
- Course Design Checklist
What course design elements are critical for student success?
- Estimating Student Hours of Effort
Is what I am asking students to do each week reasonable?
- Assistive Technologies
What should I know about increasing my course’s accessibility for all?
- Teaching Considerations for Students with Disabilities
What should I keep in mind about how disabilities affect students’ learning experiences?
- Learning Objects
What is a learning object and how are they useful for my students?
- Learning Objects vs. Open Educational Resources (LO vs. OER)
What’s the difference between LOs and OERs?
- Learning Object Repositories
What are learning object repositories?
- Finding Free Copyright Material for Your Course
Where can I find learning objects and other free resources for my course?
Protecting Intellectual Property
- Protecting Intellectual Property
What should I know about intellectual property, mine and of other sources?
- Academic File Sharing Sites
What do I need to know about academic file sharing sites?
- Creative Commons Licenses
How can I use Creative Commons licenses?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Text Generation: Considerations for Teaching and Learning
How will tools like ChatGPT impact the way I teach?