Facilitation, Instructional, and Learning Strategies
Facilitation of Courses
- Netiquette: Definition and Rules
What is netiquette and what are some rules to consider for my course?
- Guide to Teaching Online
What are the key tasks to consider before my course starts and when I am teaching online?
- Improving Online Communications
How can I communicate effectively with my students online?
- Classroom Management
How can I improve my approach to managing the learning environment with my students?
- Soliciting Feedback from Students on Their Learning Experience (Alternatives to CEQs)
How can I get feedback on my course while the CEQs are unavailable?
- Zoom Bombing
What should I keep in mind when considering web conferencing tool?
- Protect Your Synchronous Session
How can I ensure my synchronous online session is safe?
- Netiquette Syllabus Example
- Content Warnings
How can I convey that some topics might be upsetting?
- Flipped Classroom
What is a “flipped classroom” and why would I use this strategy in a course?
- Alternatives to Lecturing
I am used to lecturing in the classroom; what do I do now?
- Electronic Portfolio (eP; ePortfolio)
What are ePortfolios and how would I use one in my course?
- Academic Integrity
How can I find out more about academic integrity?
- Common Types of Academic Misconduct
What types of academic misconduct should I watch out for?
- Design Considerations to Pre-empt Academic Offences
Can I design my course in a way that helps prevent academic misconduct?
- Plagiarism Detection Tools
How can I detect student plagiarism?
- Discussing Academic Integrity with Students
How can I approach academic integrity when talking with my students?
- Promoting Academic Integrity through Assessment Design
Can I adjust my assessment so that it discourages academic misconduct?