Workshops and Consultations
- This event has passed.
January 4 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Whether you are new to teaching in Brightspace or just need a refresher, the Brightspace Essentials session will walk you through the basic steps of preparing your course site for the start of the term. Topics include:
- Overview of CITL’s support team
- Logging into Brightspace and accessing your course site
- Adding content to a site, including the Brightspace Course Setup Kit
- Setting up the grade book to track and return grades to students
- Using course mail and announcements to contact your students
- Setting up a discussion forum
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Introducing online rooms
Instructors are encouraged to bring forward issues or challenges they may have experienced when teaching with Brightspace, and the facilitator will aim to provide suggestions to address them.
This session will be hosted in Webex. Registration is required for this event – please follow the link below to register.
You can join the session 10 minutes before the start time. It is recommended that you attend this session using one of the following internet browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox.