CITL provides pedagogical and technical support for on-campus and online instructors. This support includes:
- Online resources to assist in the use of technology;
- Hands-on workshops for direct interaction with the technology;
- Demonstrations to provide a broad overview of a technology, and;
- Individualized sessions with instructional designers to assist on-campus instructors as they integrate technology into their courses.
Brightspace (D2L) Sessions
Getting Started with Brightspace (D2L)
These Winter 2018 sessions will prove very beneficial to an instructor or TA who is using Brightspace (D2L) for the first time. We’ll cover the basics to get you started. This would include: accessing Brightspace; uploading content to your course site; editing your content; setting up a discussion forum; creating a drop box for assignments; and, using the grade book.
These clinics will offer hands-on training in getting your course up and running. During the clinics, our expert staff will be on hand to provide guidance and address individual questions. All clinics will take place in ED-1001 at the following dates and times:
To REGISTER for any of these sessions, please contact us.
- Wednesday, January 10th, 2-3:30 PM
- Thursday, January 11th, 9:30 – 11:00 AM
- Friday, January 12, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 16th, 2:30 – 4:00 pm
We have scheduled a series of clinics to provide support for using Brightspace (D2L), and for getting your courses ready for the Winter 18 semester.
During the clinics, our expert staff will be on hand to provide guidance and address individual questions. All clinics will take place in ED-1001 at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, January 9th, 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Thursday January 11th, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Wednesday, January 17th, 2:30 – 3:30 PM
Using Online Rooms
The new Online Rooms tool (YouSeeU) has features that allow you to communicate, present, collaborate in real time with your students online. There are a lot of possibilities with this synchronous communication tool.
- Introducing the New Online Rooms: January 9th, 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Introducing the New Online Rooms: January 18th, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a session.
Brightspace (D2L) Course Setup Kit
CITL has created a Course Setup Kit for Brightspace (D2L). The setup kit includes standard “student focused” information, such as how to navigate and use Brightspace and how to access library support, links to academic regulations and more. In addition, the site has a series of editable pages where faculty can add their own course-specific content. These pages are stylized and designed to meet accessibility standards, and can be easily edited using the editor within Brightspace (D2L).
This starter kit provides a great starting point for new faculty wishing to augment their on-campus teaching with effective technology support and an efficient way for experienced instructors to move Word and PDF documents to accessible HTML pages.
To support you in implementing the Course Setup Kit for your courses, please contact us for more details.