Defining Remote Instruction
- Remote vs. Online Instruction
How does remote instruction differ from an online course?
Remote Instruction Course Design
- Guide for Preparing your Course for Remote or Online Learning
Is there an easy way to get started with my online course design?
- Course Design Checklist
What course design elements are critical for student success?
- On Campus to Remote in 100 Seconds
How to I quickly shift my on-campus course to remote instruction?
- Remote Instruction via Asynchronous and Synchronous Technologies
Which technologies should I consider when teaching remotely?
- Estimating Student Hours of Effort
Is what I am asking students to do each week reasonable?
- Guide to Teaching Online
What are the key tasks to consider before my course starts and when I am teaching online?
- Alternatives to Lecturing
I am used to lecturing in the classroom; what do I do now?
- Improving Online Communications
How can I communicate effectively with my students online?
- Soliciting Feedback from Students on Their Learning Experience (Alternatives to CEQs)
How can I get feedback on my course while the CEQs are unavailable?
- Zoom Bombing
What should I keep in mind when considering web conferencing tool?
- Protect Your Synchronous Session
How can I ensure my synchronous online session is safe?
- Moving Assessment to Remote Learning Within Brightspace
How can I assess learners within the Brightspace environment?
- End-of-Course Assessment Options
In what ways can I assess student learning at the end of a course?
- Bulletproofing Online Assessments
How can I increase the integrity of my online assessments?
- High Stakes and Low Stakes Assessment
How do I know which type of assessment to use?
- Considerations for Constructing an Exam
What should I think about when constructing an exam?
- Question Types in Brightspace
What question types are available, and how do I choose?
Why flexible instruction?
What considerations are required in the upfront planning stage for student success?
- Facilitating Asynchronous Learning
What strategies will help asynchronous students feel more engaged?
- Facilitating Synchronous Classes
How can I engage students in my synchronous class meetings?
- Some Examples
What are some examples of how flexible instruction has been incorporated into a course?