Grade assignment submissions and leave feedback for students from within the Assignments tool.
- Click on the Assignments link (under Assessment) to open the Assignments Folders page.
- Click on the folder that contains the assignments you want to grade.
- The assignment’s submission page will open on the Users tab. To review and assess a student’s submission, do one of the following:
- Click on the student’s name or ‘Evaluate’ adjacent to the student’s name – all of the student submissions will appear in the Evaluate Submission page. You can download all submissions or open each file in the document viewer
- Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX)
- Microsoft Power Point (PPT, PPTX, PPS)
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF, PDFS)
- Web (HTM, HTML)
- Plain text (TXT)
- Images (BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG)
- Click on the file that you want to grade – the document viewer will open in the Evaluate Submission page (you also have the option to download the submission).
The document viewer on the page is compatible with the following files:
- To Evaluate a student’s submission, do one or more of the following:
- Download the student’s file, grade the submission and add comments to the file. Re-upload the file for the student
- In the document viewer screen, add comments using the markup tools. NOTE you can view the submission in full screen
- If a Rubric is associated with the assignment, you can use it to evaluate.
- In the Evaluation and Feedback section, click the associated rubric
- An Asses Rubrics panel will appear where you can select the levels achieved
- When you click the Close button, the Rubric assessment score will appear in the Evaluation and Feedback section, under the rubric
- Enter the grade in the box. If a Grade Item is associated with the submission folder, the score will appear on your Gradebook after you publish the evaluation.
- Provide additional feedback on the Feedback are. Options include:
- Add text in the feedback box
- Add a file – perhaps a marked up version of the students submission
- Record Audio feedback
- Record Video feedback
- Click Save Draft to save the feedback to continue grading all student submissions.
- You can click on Previous Student or Next Student to navigate between submissions, this is located on the tab just under the Evaluate Submission heading near the top of the page.
- To Publish feedback and grades for all students, on the Folder Submissions page, click Publish all Feedback.