Transfer Your Grades
The Grades2Banner (G2B) tool is accessible on each Course Home page, in the navigation bar right above the My Courses images and in the new CITL Dashboard in Brightspace. You can also directly access it in Instructor Tools.
If you have trouble accessing the G2B tool please contact the Support Centre.
In the example below ENGL 7601 will be used for illustrative purposes. Information may vary depending on how your course is set-up.
- Identify the course that is ready to be transferred.
- Select the Transfer button. This will open a Confirmation window.
- Confirm the transfer of grades by following instructions on the screen. The course will then be added to a queue for the grades to be transferred to Banner.
Note: Depending on class size, it may take a couple minutes to compile the grade information for transfer. Please be patient.
- Repeat as required for additional courses
- After a few minutes, refresh the browser window and review the Transfer Status or Message button.
Note: This is a case where there were errors in the transfer. The majority of grades were transferred, however some failed. When this happens, a list of student numbers will appear in the message. This could mean they are not listed in the course in Banner or something is wrong with the Gradebook in Brightspace. Please reach out to the Support Centre if you have any issues resolving the error messages.
Note: Depending on page traffic it may take some time for the transfer to complete.
Please confirm that “Transfer Successful” appears next to the course. If the process was not successful please review the Message button and Adjusted Final Grade column in Brightspace and try again or contact the Support Centre.