On September 9, 2020, Cisco released a new version of Webex to Memorial University. Included in this version are the following major changes and new features (some of which will activate on September 16th):
- Updated user interface for Webex Meetings and Webex Events
- Introduces a new join meeting preview window, and new buttons for controlling the Webex experience
- Updated contextual option menus which exposes appropriate options with fewer clicks
- Video breakout rooms in Webex Meetings (September 16th)
- New feature for Webex Meetings, the ability to create full video breakout rooms. Up to 100 rooms can be created per online session
- Participants can be automatically assigned to rooms, or manually assigned
- The meeting host can move between rooms, assign co-hosts to help and broadcast to all rooms
- To learn more about the breakout rooms functionality in Meetings, take a look at these resources from Cisco:
- New Cohost role that replaces the Alternate Host feature (September 16th)
- Allows you to assign this role before or during the meeting
- Provides the ability to control more advanced functionality within the Meeting
- Many more new features and minor tweaks to functionality
- If you would like more information, you can review the full release notes from Cisco.
CITL will be offering training to instructors on Webex and the new functionality starting during the week of September 14th. A full schedule of training sessions is available.