Tips For Recording a Video
If you are recording your own video, here are a few tips that may help:
- Lighting is important. Make sure you are lighting up your face from the front, natural lighting is a good source of light.
- Ensure that there is no light from windows or lamps behind you because the camera will automatically adjust and cause your face to be dark.
- If answering a simple discussion question or oral exam frame your head in the upper middle section of the frame, like below. Please do not position the camera so you have to look down at it.
- If doing a presentation without an audience frame yourself from the top of the knees up. The camera lens should point straight across about mid torso high. Use whatever is available to position the camera level and at the right height. Do not have the camera positioned so you have to look down at it.
- If you are doing a presentation in front of a live audience you will have to position yourself slightly back to ensure your audience is in the frame. Here you will likely need a full body shot with your audience’s heads backing to the camera allowing a gap for the camera as shown below
Reducing Video File Size
If you need to reduce the file size of a video or want to record a video outside of YouSeeU, you can use Windows Movie Maker if you are using Windows or you can use iMovie if you are using a Mac.